Andrea Piccini GT1
For the first time an Italian will defend the HEXIS AMR colours, and not just anyone, as Andrea Piccini has accumulated an exceptional set of results at the wheel of the most prestigious GT coupes: GT2 Ferrari F430, Maranello F550 and F575s, Audi R8 LMS, Porsche 997 GT3R, Lamborghini Murcielago, Lister Storm Jaguar and the Maserati MC12, without forgetting the Lola-Judd LM P2 prototype and the Corvette he drove in last year's FIA GT1 World Championship. Aston Martin, though, has a special place in his heart as he drove the English car to second place overall in the Spa 24 Hours, and he also came second in the GT1 category in the Le Mans 24 Hours. He filled the runner-up spot in the FIA GT International Championship in an Aston Martin DBR9, the forerunner of the current FIA GT1 World Championship. All he lacks is a world title!
Bio express :
Born 12th December 1978
• 3rd in Formula Opel Lotus Euroseries (1998)
• Formula 3000 (1999-2000-2001)
• Minardi F1 test driver (2001)
• 4th in FIA GT Championship, 4 race wins (Ferrari 550, 2002)
• 4th in FIA GT Championship (Lister Storm, 2003)
• 2nd in Le Mans 24 Hours' LM GT1 class and FIA GT championship runner-up (Aston Martin, 2006)
• 4th in Le Mans 24 Hours' LM GT1 class (Aston Martin, 2008)
• 5th in Le Mans Series LMP2 championship, 1 race win (Lola Judd, 2009)
• FIA GT1 World Championship, 1 podium finish (Corvette, 2010).